GearPods Survival Pro is designed to help you with a range of survival activities, including:
- Emergency signaling
- Starting a fire
- Purifying water
- Fishing and snaring
- Repairing clothes and equipment
- Boiling water and cooking
- Colors: Various (GearPods Terminators), Smoky Grey, Dark Grey
- Materials (GearPods container): Polycarbonate, Polypropylene
- Materials (GearPods CookMug): Hard Anodized Aluminum, Silica, Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Materials (GearPods Stove): Hard Anodized Aluminum
- Materials (Other): Hexamine (Fuel Tablets)
- Weight: 0.83 lbs (13.3 oz)
- Dimensions: 3.2" diameter, 6.0" height
Certain items have a limited shelf-life (e.g. Aquatabs water purification tablets). Keep track of expiration dates and replace as necessary.
GearPods may from time to time modify the contents of its kits to add, remove or replace components based on factors such as component availability or (more likely) new, improved components being introduced. Always familiarize yourself with your kit, the content list and contents themselves before use.
It is normal for solid fuel tablets to leave residue. Cleaning will remove most, if not all, of this residue.
Under normal conditions, one solid fuel tablet will bring 1 cup (8 fl oz) of water to boil (the GearPods CookMug is ~9.5 fl oz). Best results are obtained by both using the GearPods CookMug Lid to help retain heat and also deploying the windshield.